Monkey Sanctuary + Cenote Ma'ax
3 Hours | Full Monkey Sanctuary | Swim in crystal clear water Cenote
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Daily Schedules: 10:00, 12:00, 13:00
- For all the family
- Ideal for kids
- Access to the Sanctuary
- Experienced bilingual guides
- Special activities with animals
- Interact in close proximity with monkeys
- Swim in the crystal clear water of an underground river (cenote)
- Expert guides will teach you all about animals ❤️🐵
- Meet, touch & learn from more than 40 rescued species️.
- A place where you can find a variety of primates and other rescued animals️.
- With your purchase you are supporting our efforts to keep rescued animals in a safe home.
- Visit a typical Mayan house.
- Underground cenote!
- Lifejackets, showers
After the Sanctuary, immerse yourself in an enigmatic underground cenote!
Experience a complete tour at the Monkey Sanctuary, meeting all its inhabitants and interacting with several of them. Then a second tour awaits you, but in a crystal clear underground river full of stalactites and stalagmites called Cenote Ma’ax.
What to Expect
An unforgettable excursion where you will meet our adorable rescued animals, and what we do to take care of them, then you can swim in the crystal clear waters of Cenote Ma’ax. This small cenote is a home for 17 species of bats! 🦇 What can be better than to freshen up in a cenote after a walk in the jungles and encounter with monkeys?
Why Choose Akumal Monkey Sanctuary + Cenote Ma’ax?
A must-do for any nature or animal lover, participate in our educational bonding programs with macaws, snakes and primates. The jungle of the Yucatan Peninsula hides thousands of entrances to a complex system of underground rivers among its abundant vegetation. Meet the Ma’ax Cenote that is located below the Sanctuary.
- Bring Comfortable clothes (T-shirt or blouse with sleeves)
- Biodegradable insect repellent
- Biodegradable sunblock
- Water Shoes Required
- Bring Swimsuit & Towel
- Extra money for pictures and tips
Kids, Infants under 5: Official ID.
DARE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS!
For all the family. Meet, touch & learn from more than 40 rescued species️
HAVE A REAL MONKEY EXPERIENCE!
Rescued animals will make you discover nature in a different way️.
LIVE THE MONKEY SANCTUARY EXPERIENCE
Our main goal is to share the love for rescued animals to people from all over the world.
VISIT CENOTE MA’AX
In the darkness, you may feel weird and face your deepest fears. But don’t worry, the sacred waters will take them all away
SAFETY IS FIRST!
The guide will show you some formations, stalactites, stalagmites.
FLOATING IN A VACUUM
Swim in the crystal clear waters of Cenote Ma’ax, this small cenote is a home for 17 species of bats! 🦇