Monkey Sanctuary + Cenote Ma'ax
3 Hours | Full Monkey Sanctuary | Swim in crystal clear water Cenote
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Daily Schedules: 10:00, 12:00, 13:00
- For all the family
- Ideal for kids
- Access to the Sanctuary
- Experienced bilingual guides
- Special activities with animals
- Interact in close proximity with monkeys
- Authentic Mayan Snack
- Swim in the crystal clear water of an underground river (cenote)
- Begin with an authentic Mayan ceremony.
- Expert guides will teach you all about animals ❤️🐵
- Meet, touch & learn from more than 40 rescued species️.
- A place where you can find a variety of primates and other rescued animals️.
- With your purchase you are supporting our efforts to keep rescued animals in a safe home.
- Visit a typical Mayan house.
- Underground cenote!
- Lifejackets, showers
After the Sanctuary, immerse yourself in an enigmatic underground cenote!
Experience a complete tour at the Monkey Sanctuary, meeting all its inhabitants and interacting with several of them. Then a second tour awaits you, but in a crystal clear underground river full of stalactites and stalagmites called Cenote Ma’ax.
What to Expect
An unforgettable excursion where you will meet our adorable rescued animals, and what we do to take care of them, then you can swim in the crystal clear waters of Cenote Ma’ax. This small cenote is a home for 17 species of bats! 🦇 What can be better than to freshen up in a cenote after a walk in the jungles and encounter with monkeys?
Why Choose Akumal Monkey Sanctuary + Cenote Ma’ax?
A must-do for any nature or animal lover, participate in our educational bonding programs with macaws, snakes and primates. The jungle of the Yucatan Peninsula hides thousands of entrances to a complex system of underground rivers among its abundant vegetation. Meet the Ma’ax Cenote that is located below the Sanctuary.
- Bring Comfortable clothes (T-shirt or blouse with sleeves)
- Biodegradable insect repellent
- Biodegradable sunblock
- Water Shoes Required
- Bring Swimsuit & Towel
- Extra money for pictures and tips
Kids, Infants under 5: Official ID.